(Rough Draft) ‘Dress Code Policy’

Many people are complaining about the ‘dress codes’ they all believe that they are doing it all wrong. Some people only have one pair of ripped jeans. If somebody has the slightest rip on their jeans they instantly get dress coded. Not only does it ruin peoples outfits it also body shames people. Girls for example might not be the skinniest so they wear a dress. Most clothing for girls are short shorts and form fitted t-shirts. So girls would wear them and school shame them for it and dress code them. Boys should be able to wear ripped jeans as long as the rips are slightly above the kneecaps and lower. Guys wear shorts and it shows the same thing. Ripped jeans are basically the same thing as shorts they show the legs but still cover some. Everybody agrees that it does not make sense.

I also asked a couple of students from Blackhawk Middle School. They had something to say about it. One student had to say this “I hate what they do, if I walk down the hallway with the slightest slit on my jeans then they instantly dress code me.” Another said this “I want to drop out from high school the second I get the ability to because this dress coding thing is really unfair.” Clearly these people hate the fact they can’t be comfortable in school. This girl had to say this “One time I was wearing a baggy hoodie because I am very big and they dress coded me when they saw it, they body shamed me.” The school students hate the policy. The students even wanted to start a riot. One student said this “This is war, it’s not a policy anymore.” Students protested as well. One of the protesters said this “I will stay here until they fix this unfair policy.”

At first it seemed it would be smart to do this ‘dress code policy’ but later they start to see their mistakes they made in the policy. The time they have to keep on being uncomfortable is from 7:20 AM to 2:15 PM not counting the morning when they have to dress up and when they leave the time it take to get home. The dress code policy really needs to change and drastically.

People also can’t wear shirts that have extra short sleeves. Like tank tops, wife beaters, etc. People like to wear those types of shirts in Summer and Spring. Schools think it will make students distracted. They can’t wear noodle sleeves. But students think it does not distract anyone at all. They think that it is for weather purposes. The students think that it also is unfair. One even had to say this “Like I always wear tank tops, I really don’t understand why it’s a rule to not be able to wear it.”

Baggy shirts are not allowed because of ‘Gang related activities’ which does not make any sense based off of the students. They also don’t allow hats. One male students who seemed mad said this “I always wear hats especially in the morning when I just got out of the shower. I need it so my hair does not dry up and get all messy. It has been messy and ruined because of school. Sometimes I don’t even shower in the morning so my hair does not mess up.” So clearly here some students can’t even take care of personal hygiene because of the ‘dress code policy’. Another student said this “I just got a forced haircut because my hair was growing way too long. I dislike it so I went to the office and begged so that I can at least wear a hood. They said no because it was ‘Gang Related’. When I went to class lots of people started to laugh at the fact my hair was funny.” He clearly had a really bad day from this ‘dress code policy’. Many students hate the dress code. They all hope that soon it will change.

A few students addressed the fact that they want to create a group of fellow students. They want all of them to start not going to school. They will do that or protest outside of school during events. They want to do this to fix the ‘dress code policy’. So they can be heard. The school system is terrible based on what all these students are saying. They hate it a lot. They all think that it would all be better if they just fixed the ‘dress code policy’. Most if not every student disagrees with the ‘dress code policy’. They all just want to make a peaceful agreement to where they fix the ‘dress code’. They all think it is messed up and incorrect. They all think it is just plain bad. So there is no debate that the schools need to fix this ‘dress code policy’.